Ped holds on Grand Ave. bridge today
December 1, 2016
Pedestrians using the temporary walkway on the Grand Avenue bridge today should anticipate occasional 5-minute holds between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. while bridge construction crews complete utility work, according to bridge project officials.
Also, the left-turn lane from southbound Grand Avenue onto Eighth Street is now officially closed through spring 2017 while work is being done to build the structural walls for the new bridge in the 700 block.
During the closure, motorists should continue to Ninth Street to access city streets east of Grand Avenue. The Colorado Department of Transportation has added several seconds to the left-turn light at Ninth.
Motorists crossing the Grand Avenue bridge should also anticipate one-lane closures northbound on weekday mornings and southbound in the evenings. Some weekend work and lane closures are also possible.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Local
- Roaring Fork School District teachers association questions Riverview School hiring plan
- Coloradoâ€™s first drive-through pot shop will be in Parachute
- Forest Service (carefully) pulls wrecked plane from Flat Tops
- Are predators real cause for declining mule deer?
- Student receives 4 months in jail for Aspen area DUI crash