Ped holds on Grand Ave. bridge today
December 1, 2016
Pedestrians using the temporary walkway on the Grand Avenue bridge today should anticipate occasional 5-minute holds between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. while bridge construction crews complete utility work, according to bridge project officials.
Also, the left-turn lane from southbound Grand Avenue onto Eighth Street is now officially closed through spring 2017 while work is being done to build the structural walls for the new bridge in the 700 block.
During the closure, motorists should continue to Ninth Street to access city streets east of Grand Avenue. The Colorado Department of Transportation has added several seconds to the left-turn light at Ninth.
Motorists crossing the Grand Avenue bridge should also anticipate one-lane closures northbound on weekday mornings and southbound in the evenings. Some weekend work and lane closures are also possible.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crime Briefs: Suspicious husband accused of driving truck at wife