Police arrest Glenwood Springs man for attempted murder
April 16, 2014
GLENWOOD SPRINGS — Police arrested James McCabe Mallin, 28, early Tuesday on suspicion of attempted murder following a shooting involving his girlfriend at a mobile home park on South Grand Avenue, according to Glenwood Springs Police.
Officers responded to the residence at 3110 S. Grand Ave. just before 12:30 a.m. Tuesday on a report of a gunshot involving a female victim.
"The caller, a resident of the mobile home, met officers at the scene and told them a female victim was inside, along with the victim's boyfriend and the boyfriend's father," according to a news release from police.
Officers removed the two men from the residence, and the victim was located in a rear bedroom. Officers began administering CPR, and observed a wound on the back of the victim's head, according to the news release.
Glenwood Springs Fire Department personnel arrived and began administering lifesaving treatment, and the unconscious victim was transported to Valley View Hospital before being air-lifted to St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction by helicopter.
The last known condition of the victim, whose name was not released, was listed as critical, according to police.
Recommended Stories For You
The three male residents of the mobile home were detained and interviewed at the Glenwood Springs Police Department, while a guard was placed at the mobile home to await crime scene processing.
Mallin faces charges of attempted first-degree murder, a class 2 felony, in addition to first-degree assault, prohibited use of weapons and reckless endangerment. He was lodged in the Garfield County Jail without bond.
"The scene of the shooting remains on lockdown with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation responding to process the scene for evidence," according to the police news release.
"As investigation and medical treatment of the victim are both ongoing, further information will not be released until those processes are resolved," Glenwood Springs Police Chief Terry Wilson said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Rifle PD gets new drug pups — who will be trained to ignore marijuana
- Doc Holliday finished out his life in Glenwood Springs
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her
- Selfies: Pushing to be one of the best in the beekeeping industry at Colorado Mountain Honey
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Rifle names five finalists for city manager