Rifle man sentenced in molestation case
May 8, 2014
A 26-year-old Rifle man was sentenced recently to 30 days in jail and four years of supervised probation (sex-offender) resulting from his guilty plea to sexually assaulting two sisters over a period of about three years.
Kenneth Piper, who had pleaded guilty to sexual assault on a child (a fifth degree felony) and misdemeanor child abuse, was also required to register as a sex offender in the April 23 sentencing hearing in Garfield District Court.
A warrant was issued for Piper’s arrest in June 2013 for the molestation of the two girls.
According to the arrest affidavit, one girl reported that “the incidents started when she was approximately 10 years old and had stopped when she started speaking up about it to Kenneth at approximately 13 years old.”
Piper must also undergo sex offender treatment, and is to have no contact with children under the age of 18, according to the sentence handed down by District Judge Daniel Petre.
Trending In: Local
- City Market: Carbondale store on track
- Wilderness Workshop appeals Carbondale-area gas compressor decision
- Denver man found dead Friday, Jan. 13, after skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Riverview School under construction south of Glenwood ‘tops out’
- Library News: Texting is the newest way to renew your books