Sheriff Vallario to seek another term
February 23, 2014
Lou Vallario has announced his intention to seek another term as Garfield County sheriff.
"It has been a pleasure being the sheriff of Garfield County, and I would like to continue to provide the residents the best law enforcement services possible for another four years," Vallario wrote in a prepared statement.
He made the announcement on Saturday night at the Republican Lincoln Day Dinner in Glenwood Springs.
So far, no one has announced they intend to challenge Vallario, who has served as sheriff since he was sworn in following his election to the office in 2002.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Silt town trustee resigns in anger