Sheriff Vallario to seek another term
February 23, 2014
Lou Vallario has announced his intention to seek another term as Garfield County sheriff.
"It has been a pleasure being the sheriff of Garfield County, and I would like to continue to provide the residents the best law enforcement services possible for another four years," Vallario wrote in a prepared statement.
He made the announcement on Saturday night at the Republican Lincoln Day Dinner in Glenwood Springs.
So far, no one has announced they intend to challenge Vallario, who has served as sheriff since he was sworn in following his election to the office in 2002.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Mount Sopris hikers called 911 after becoming lost