Student out of surgery, recuperating
May 13, 2014
Marimar Arvizo, the Glenwood Springs High School graduate fighting abdominal cancer who was featured on the Post Independent's front page on Tuesday, is out of surgery in New York.
Her former teacher, Mary Hinkey, said Marimar was recovering in the intensive care unit at Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. The surgery went well, and it was anticipated that Marimar will be in the hospital for more than a month recuperating.
Marimar was hospitalized undergoing treatment most of her senior year, and Hinkey arranged a special early graduation ceremony for her on May 4.
Correction: The picture on the front page of the Tuesday's Post Independent showed Marimar and her aunt Adriana Perea.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Man arrested after claiming to be former NFL player
- A message from the owner of Shooters Grill
- Sons arrested in theft from Waffle House CEO’s ranch; animal cruelty alleged
- Glenwood Springs woman who backed car into Aspen pond hit with more charges
- Aspen gets heads up on bridge closure, offers housing during 3-month period