Survivor in fatal car accident had .241 BAC
August 17, 2014
Douglas Liljedahl Jr. blew .241 on a preliminary breath test on the scene of a fatal accident last weekend at Highway 82 and Catherine Store Road, three times the legal limit of .08.
The incident occurred just after noon Aug. 10. Authorities said Liljedahl, 50, of Carbondale was driving a van that collided with a Subaru station wagon carrying Kathy Sharp, 65, of Carbondale.
Sharp was airlifted Denver Health Medical Center, where she ultimately died.
Liljedahl was arrested for felony vehicular assault, driving under the influence and careless driving and was released on a $6,750 bond. It is his first felony charge in Colorado.
Trending In: Local
- City Market: Carbondale store on track
- Wilderness Workshop appeals Carbondale-area gas compressor decision
- Denver man found dead Friday, Jan. 13, after skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Riverview School under construction south of Glenwood ‘tops out’
- Library News: Texting is the newest way to renew your books