Survivor in fatal car accident had .241 BAC
August 17, 2014
Douglas Liljedahl Jr. blew .241 on a preliminary breath test on the scene of a fatal accident last weekend at Highway 82 and Catherine Store Road, three times the legal limit of .08.
The incident occurred just after noon Aug. 10. Authorities said Liljedahl, 50, of Carbondale was driving a van that collided with a Subaru station wagon carrying Kathy Sharp, 65, of Carbondale.
Sharp was airlifted Denver Health Medical Center, where she ultimately died.
Liljedahl was arrested for felony vehicular assault, driving under the influence and careless driving and was released on a $6,750 bond. It is his first felony charge in Colorado.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Rifle PD gets new drug pups — who will be trained to ignore marijuana
- Tax is considered the last chance for some historical societies
- English scores down, math up for Roaring Fork Schools
- Doc Holliday finished out his life in Glenwood Springs
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her
- ‘Deceased and injured’ among 4 shot near Colorado State University in Fort Collins
- Silt house fire displaces family of four
- Selfies: Pushing to be one of the best in the beekeeping industry at Colorado Mountain Honey