Suspect in shooting near New Castle still at large
July 19, 2014
Authorities were still searching Monday for a suspect who shot a woman near New Castle on Friday.
The incident occurred during an argument near a trailhead off of County Road 243 along Main Elk Creek, according to Garfield County Sheriff's public information officer Walt Stowe.
The injured party, whose name is being withheld by authorities, is stable at St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction. Although it is believed she knew her attacker, she has not identified the shooter.
No weapon was found on scene, and the type of firearm and number of shots could not be confirmed, although authorities said the woman was treated for multiple wounds.
The shooter is believed to have left the area and is not believed to present a danger to the public, Stowe said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Glenwood football to forfeit all 2017 wins because of ineligible player
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Crime Briefs: ‘You in the suitcase, show me your hands’
- Glenwood’s 27th St. bridge project gets $500K
- Silt house fire displaces family of four