Verizon outage hits valley
April 14, 2014
Verizon users throughout the Roaring Fork Valley reported connection trouble on Monday afternoon, with intermittent connectivity for calls, text and data.
Jenny Weaver, southwest area spokesperson for Verizon Wireless, confirmed a “service disruption.”
The cause of the disruption, which started at about 12:30 p.m., was unknown as of 6 p.m., but data transfer trouble between cell towers and the phone grid was indicated as a possibility.
“We have our technicians on site,” said Weaver. “They’re working very quickly to get that service back.”
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County library cuts lead to layoffs, reduced hours
- Be careful around bighorn sheep, wildlife officer warns
- Geologist shares Piceance gas findings
- Glenwood Springs Elementary Lego team set for state competition
- Judge hasn’t ruled on special prosecutor for Garfield County Commissioner Martin, accused of embezzlement