Volunteers needed for annual Hubbard Mesa cleanup
April 23, 2014
Volunteers are needed April 26 for the annual community cleanup at the Hubbard Mesa and Fravert Reservoir area north of Rifle.
Hi Country 4 Wheelers, White River Trail Runners, the Bureau of Land Management, Redi Services, MRI and a variety of other local businesses and off-highway vehicle groups are sponsoring the clean-up of the popular off-highway vehicle area.
Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m. at the Hubbard Mesa Trailhead. To reach the trailhead, travel north from Rifle on Fravert Reservoir Road for 1.5 miles. Keep right on County Road 290 for another mile to the parking lot.
Volunteers should come dressed in long pants, sturdy work shoes and leather gloves and bring rakes and shovels if possible. Lunch will be provided by Hi Country 4 Wheelers. The cleanup should be completed by 3 p.m.
For more information, call Greg Noss, (970) 366-2237 or Dan Alvis, (970) 309-5368.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Garfield County child welfare work wins high praise in national review
- Glenwood Springs Middle School on an expedition to be a ‘kind, compassionate’ school
- Silt town trustee resigns in anger
- Photos: Scenes from the 2017 Glenwood Springs High School homecoming parade
- Ballots mailed out today for Nov. 7 election
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Traffic signals ahead for 6th and Laurel roundabout
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on