Volunteers needed for annual Hubbard Mesa cleanup
April 23, 2014
Volunteers are needed April 26 for the annual community cleanup at the Hubbard Mesa and Fravert Reservoir area north of Rifle.
Hi Country 4 Wheelers, White River Trail Runners, the Bureau of Land Management, Redi Services, MRI and a variety of other local businesses and off-highway vehicle groups are sponsoring the clean-up of the popular off-highway vehicle area.
Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m. at the Hubbard Mesa Trailhead. To reach the trailhead, travel north from Rifle on Fravert Reservoir Road for 1.5 miles. Keep right on County Road 290 for another mile to the parking lot.
Volunteers should come dressed in long pants, sturdy work shoes and leather gloves and bring rakes and shovels if possible. Lunch will be provided by Hi Country 4 Wheelers. The cleanup should be completed by 3 p.m.
For more information, call Greg Noss, (970) 366-2237 or Dan Alvis, (970) 309-5368.
Trending In: Local
- Amid financial chaos, Glenwood Springs art center to close in May
- Care facility aide gets 6 years on multiple sex assaults plea
- Feds arrest men from Aspen, New Castle in drug trafficking sweep
- Carbondale trustees anxiously grant fifth City Market extension
- Oil-gas wells shut down after Colorado home explosion