Volunteers needed for annual Hubbard Mesa cleanup
April 23, 2014
Volunteers are needed April 26 for the annual community cleanup at the Hubbard Mesa and Fravert Reservoir area north of Rifle.
Hi Country 4 Wheelers, White River Trail Runners, the Bureau of Land Management, Redi Services, MRI and a variety of other local businesses and off-highway vehicle groups are sponsoring the clean-up of the popular off-highway vehicle area.
Volunteers will meet at 9 a.m. at the Hubbard Mesa Trailhead. To reach the trailhead, travel north from Rifle on Fravert Reservoir Road for 1.5 miles. Keep right on County Road 290 for another mile to the parking lot.
Volunteers should come dressed in long pants, sturdy work shoes and leather gloves and bring rakes and shovels if possible. Lunch will be provided by Hi Country 4 Wheelers. The cleanup should be completed by 3 p.m.
For more information, call Greg Noss, (970) 366-2237 or Dan Alvis, (970) 309-5368.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crash, fire close I-70 in both directions at Grand Junction