Woman injured in equestrian accident in Old Snowmass
September 7, 2014
A 70-year-old woman was transported to an area hospital Thursday after she fell off the horse she was riding and into a ditch, then had the horse fall on top of her, according to a Basalt Fire Department official.
The initial call to the fire department at about 11 a.m. said the woman suffered traumatic injuries and that the horse was still on top of her. The incident occurred at Lazy O Subdivision in Old Snowmass.
Division Chief Richard Cornelius said people at the scene were able to get the horse off of the woman and out of the ditch before an ambulance crew and other responders arrived.
The woman suffered rib injuries from the horse falling on her, Cornelius said. The ambulance was able to drive up to her location and provide aid before transporting her to the hospital. The woman's name wasn't released because of federal privacy laws.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Glenwood football to forfeit all 2017 wins because of ineligible player
- Crime Briefs: ‘You in the suitcase, show me your hands’
- Glenwood’s 27th St. bridge project gets $500K
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Fire burns through home in Battlement Mesa