New retail marijuana shop opens in Eagle-Vail
June 11, 2016
EAGLE-VAIL — A new recreational marijuana shop, High Country Healing, has opened on the "Green Mile" along U.S. Highway 6.
The shop will hold a grand opening celebration Jan. 22 with food, live music and specials throughout the store. Together with a local development company, the shop is next to the Route 6 Café in Eagle-Vail.
"Since our recent opening, people are raving about the product, displays and variety of the highest quality strains, not to mention the Show Grow Room — one of only two in the state," said managing member Kristin Comerford.
The Eagle-Vail store is one of six shops in four locations in Colorado. The shop sells flower, oils, concentrates, edibles and the now-famous Mini Js, among other products. Mini Js are a small tin box of petite joints that let you sample a number of different strains without over indulging.
"We want our customers to enjoy themselves safely and responsibly by sharing our knowledge and love of this plant," general manager Colby Hockersmith said. "Here, you choose the exact buds that you like and we weigh them out for you. No pre-weighed, pre-packaged vials here — you know exactly what you are buying."
The grand opening celebration runs from noon until 6:50 p.m. Friday, featuring tours, giveaways and more. You must be 21 to attend.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Marijuana
- Marijuana by the Numbers: 10 numbers about pot in Colorado that don’t include 4-20
- Carbondale trustees weigh new conditions for pot operation
- Forest Service: some growers fled during raid of Redstone-area pot patch
- Federal marijuana enforcement hazardous to Colorado economy, industry says
- Carbondale pot infusion business faces permit revocation