James Henry Schauster
April 3, 2014
James Henry Schauster, 75, of Carbondale, Colorado, passed away April 1, 2014. James was born Nov. 25, 1938, in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, to Henry and Jewell Schauster.
Jim was a beloved husband, father, grandfather and friend. He never knew a stranger, if you were around him five minutes you felt like an old friend. Jim's favorite thing was to spend time with his family at the cabin in the great outdoors. He was an avid outdoorsman and loved to share those activities with those he cared about the most. Jim was always up for an adventure, enjoyed life and embraced whatever came his way.
Jim is survived by his beloved wife of 51 years Jean Schauster; his mother Jewell; sons Mike, Alan (Stacy), and Tom (Vickie) Schauster; and grandchildren Randy, Natalie, Jenna and Lauren Schauster.
He is preceded in death by his father Henry Schauster and brother Leroy Schauster.
There will be a memorial service Monday April 7, 2014, at 11 a.m. at the Carbondale Fire House in Carbondale, Colorado.
In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Calaway-Young Cancer Center at Valley View Hospital in Jim's name.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Brusig admits felony, vows to repay checks, could get clear record in 2 years
- Emergency services respond to I-70 crash west of Glenwood
- Grand Avenue bridge detour review revises traffic reduction need to 35 percent
- Editorial: Close Hanging Lake Trail till summer; find long-term fix
- Man who died at Snowmass Village parking garage ran to his death