Ola Franklin Gore, Jr. (March 21, 1946 — Feb. 8, 2017)
February 16, 2017
Ola "Butch" Franklin Gore, Jr., 70, passed away Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017, in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was born March 21, 1946, in Wewoka, Oklahoma, to Ola and Anna Gore.
The oldest of four children, Ola attended schools in Oklahoma until his family moved to Basalt and then to Rifle.
After school, Ola stayed in Rifle for several years and worked at the Mobil station. He lived in Craig for many years. He was a crane operator and worked on many of the buildings in Vail and surrounding areas before moving to Las Vegas, NV.
Survivors include his wife, Melinda; sons Willie of Denver, and James of Craig; daughters, Linda Owens of Indiana, Nicolette Gore of Sunrise Beach, MO and Cassie Unefug (John) of Craig; and nine grandchildren. He is also survived by his sisters, Gail Fulton of Rifle, Kay Green of Las Cruces, NM, and Linda Slicer of Nashville, TN; and nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held later this summer.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crime Briefs: Suspicious husband accused of driving truck at wife