Patti Ardel Pitts
January 31, 2014
Patti Ardel Pitts, 53, of Parachute, Colorado passed away on Jan. 28, 2014. Patti was born on July 7, 1960 in Riverton, Wyoming to Thomas Pitts and Lois Brisendine Pitts.
Patti devoted her life to primary education as a kindergarten and first-grade teacher. She earned her Master's Degree in Primary Education at the University of Northern Colorado. Patti taught in Parachute for almost 30 years. She considered her students to be her children and loved them as her own. Patti could never imagine any occupation as gratifying as helping young children begin life's journey.
Patti is survived by her parents, Thomas and Lois of Arvada, Colorado, and a brother, Randy Pitts (Tamera) of Green River, Wyoming. She is also survived by her nephews: Andrew Pitts (Kyle) of Littleton, Colorado and Jeremy Pitts (Eva) of Boston, Massachusetts, as well as her great nieces: Ellis and Paige of Littleton and Ainsley of Boston.
Patti was preceded in death by her brother, Don Pitts.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014 at 1 p.m. at the Grand Valley High School in Parachute, Colorado.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Amid financial chaos, Glenwood Springs art center to close in May
- Care facility aide gets 6 years on multiple sex assaults plea
- Feds arrest men from Aspen, New Castle in drug trafficking sweep
- Carbondale trustees anxiously grant fifth City Market extension
- Oil-gas wells shut down after Colorado home explosion