Patti Ardel Pitts
January 31, 2014
Patti Ardel Pitts, 53, of Parachute, Colorado passed away on Jan. 28, 2014. Patti was born on July 7, 1960 in Riverton, Wyoming to Thomas Pitts and Lois Brisendine Pitts.
Patti devoted her life to primary education as a kindergarten and first-grade teacher. She earned her Master's Degree in Primary Education at the University of Northern Colorado. Patti taught in Parachute for almost 30 years. She considered her students to be her children and loved them as her own. Patti could never imagine any occupation as gratifying as helping young children begin life's journey.
Patti is survived by her parents, Thomas and Lois of Arvada, Colorado, and a brother, Randy Pitts (Tamera) of Green River, Wyoming. She is also survived by her nephews: Andrew Pitts (Kyle) of Littleton, Colorado and Jeremy Pitts (Eva) of Boston, Massachusetts, as well as her great nieces: Ellis and Paige of Littleton and Ainsley of Boston.
Patti was preceded in death by her brother, Don Pitts.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014 at 1 p.m. at the Grand Valley High School in Parachute, Colorado.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her
- Selfies: Pushing to be one of the best in the beekeeping industry at Colorado Mountain Honey
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Rifle names five finalists for city manager