Patti Ardel Pitts
January 31, 2014
Patti Ardel Pitts, 53, of Parachute, Colorado passed away on Jan. 28, 2014. Patti was born on July 7, 1960 in Riverton, Wyoming to Thomas Pitts and Lois Brisendine Pitts.
Patti devoted her life to primary education as a kindergarten and first-grade teacher. She earned her Master's Degree in Primary Education at the University of Northern Colorado. Patti taught in Parachute for almost 30 years. She considered her students to be her children and loved them as her own. Patti could never imagine any occupation as gratifying as helping young children begin life's journey.
Patti is survived by her parents, Thomas and Lois of Arvada, Colorado, and a brother, Randy Pitts (Tamera) of Green River, Wyoming. She is also survived by her nephews: Andrew Pitts (Kyle) of Littleton, Colorado and Jeremy Pitts (Eva) of Boston, Massachusetts, as well as her great nieces: Ellis and Paige of Littleton and Ainsley of Boston.
Patti was preceded in death by her brother, Don Pitts.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014 at 1 p.m. at the Grand Valley High School in Parachute, Colorado.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crash, fire close I-70 in both directions at Grand Junction