Letter: If not now, when?
October 10, 2017
In the wake of the devastating hurricanes Harvey and Irma, many in the GOP refused to discuss the relationship between the strength of the hurricanes and climate change. EPA head Scott Pruitt even said that it was "insensitive" to talk about climate change while people were struggling with the effects of the storms.
On Oct. 1, a white male with multiple weapons committed an act of domestic terrorism — the largest mass shooting in U.S. history.
Is it time to discuss regulating assault weapons and ease of acquiring weapons in this country, or would that too be insensitive?
America is exceptional — exceptionally messed up.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Traffic signals ahead for 6th and Laurel roundabout
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on