Letter: Market at Sayre Park
June 19, 2017
Kudos to Emily and the Beer Guy, and the gals of Roaring Fork Events for stepping up and providing a first-rate stand-in for the market that construction drove into a summer's hiatus. It was a very good evening to be had in the shade of Sayre Park.
It was good to see some of our same and cherished vendors, as well as new blood. Although it would have been nice to see Downtown Market more cooperative with the hungry younger generation, ready to get their feet wet and placing their own identities on the future of our town, and thus lend an elders' vision to this year's effort. After all, you both are working toward the same goals of making Glenwood more fantastic to locals and visitors alike.
Still, there is a whole summer to mend fences and bring new and old school models into a working relationship for what we can make of this town once the bridge is in place.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Mom doesn’t know how girl fell from Hotel Colorado
- Colorado woman gets away unharmed after train rolls over her
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Selfies: Pushing to be one of the best in the beekeeping industry at Colorado Mountain Honey
- Rifle names five finalists for city manager