Letter: Praise federal workers
October 11, 2017
I was aghast at the opinion page cartoon on Saturday, Sept. 30, showing federal employees asleep at their desks while someone waits at a counter for service.
As a federal retiree, and as a concerned citizen, I am insulted that anyone considers federal service a job for lazy disengaged people. Everyone I knew and everyone I have ever dealt with in the federal service, across many agencies in both professional and personal dealings, has been dedicated, hard-working and truly feeling they work in the public interest.
In an environment of constantly downward spiraling of federal employment, every remaining employee feels the pains of understaffing and overworking. To even joke that federal employees have time or inclination to sleep on the job is an insult to hard working public servants. Instead, let's thank them for keeping federal agencies open and operating.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Moab canyon renamed to more tastefully honor Grandstaff
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on