Letter: Support for Schwartz
November 5, 2016
I generally don't get vocal about politics, but given the historic nature of this election I feel compelled to speak out. I believe that our local and regional elected officials have the most substantial impact on our community, society and economy, and I hope everybody recognizes the importance of getting out the vote for the down-ballot candidates.
That is why I'm proud to vote for Gail Schwartz to represent Colorado's 3rd Congressional District.
Gail is an honest, hard-working and compassionate person, and Colorado would be lucky to have her as our congresswoman. As a former resident of the Roaring Fork Valley, Gail understands our values, and she will fight to protect and represent our interests in Congress. Much of what we have been able to do and our success at Aspen TREE, along with other local family farms, is thanks to Gail's record of delivering results for rural Colorado. Gail fought to pass the Colorado Cottage Foods Act, which expanded economic opportunities for local food producers. I'm so grateful for what Gail has accomplished; imagine what she could do for us in Congress.
Beyond being a dedicated public servant, Gail is a good person. And she is someone I would be honored to call a leader of my community.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Moab canyon renamed to more tastefully honor Grandstaff
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on