Colorado’s fall limited turkey license applications accepted beginning today
May 21, 2014
DENVER — Colorado Parks and Wildlife is reminding turkey hunters that they can begin applying for fall limited licenses Thursday, May 22, through the July 10 deadline. Over-the-counter turkey licenses can be purchased at any Colorado Parks and Wildlife office, license agents or online beginning August 5.
Hunters are advised that applying for a limited license, or purchasing any license online is recommended to streamline the process and prevent common mistakes that may invalidate an application.
"We continue to see an increase in online license applications and purchases, whether for big game, fishing, small game or turkey," said License Manager Henrietta Turner. "It has significantly cut down on disqualified applications."
Turner says that CPW customer service representatives and hunt planners are always available to help with general questions or applications , whether completed online or on paper. If you need assistance with an application, call your nearest Colorado Parks and Wildlife office. Hunt planners are available Monday through Friday at 303-291-PLAN (7526) to help with questions about hunting.
"Just give us a call if you get stuck," said Turner. "We understand that for some people, using a computer may be a new experience, but we are here to help them get through the process."
Turkey hunting continues to grow in popularity across the country and the state. In Colorado, opportunities are greater than ever as the in-state turkey populations continue to grow and expand.
"Turkey are certainly one of the success stories in terms of Colorado's wildlife management efforts," said State Small Game Manager Ed Gorman. "Fall turkey hunting offers a very unique and different opportunity than spring turkey hunting. Regardless, turkey hunting remains very popular with the dedicated hunter while at the same time attracting many novices each year, including women and youth eager to try hunting for the first time."
Through CPW's Hunter Outreach Program, novices have the opportunity to participate in mentored big game, small game and turkey hunts, often leading to a lifetime of active participation in outdoor activities and wildlife management.
To learn more about hunting turkey, download a current brochure or to purchase or apply for a license online, visit http://www.cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/Turkey.aspx
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Outdoors
- On the Fly column: Fryingpan River is running low and clear
- Las Colonias Park construction in Grand Junction nearly done; grand opening planned for July 11
- At home on the road: Kellogg family loving life living in an RV
- Go Play: Visit Colorado’s scenic waterfall hikes
- Climbing is on the rise for area high school clubs
- Ruibal column: My high school classmate Otto Warmbier — charming and deeply caring
- Liquido Active ticketed, faces fines for entering Hanging Lake
- Confirmed: Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo
- All OK after car goes into Crystal River near Carbondale
- Crash, fire close I-70 in both directions at Grand Junction