Stevens helps Colorado St. cruise to 27-14 win over Utah St.
October 7, 2017
LOGAN, Utah — Nick Stevens threw for 293 yards and two touchdowns, and Colorado State jumped out to a big lead early and cruised to a 27-14 victory over Utah State on Saturday.
Stevens connected on scoring throws to Cameron Butler and Dalton Fackrell, and Izzy Matthews ran for a 5-yard touchdown as the Buffaloes built a 24-0 lead midway through the second quarter.
Dalyn Dawkins ran for 121 yards to lead Colorado State (4-2, 2-0 Mountain West). Matthews finished with 84 yards rushing.
Utah State's DJ Nelson blocked a punt and returned the ball 20 yards into the end zone to make it 24-7 with six minutes left before halftime. Kent Myers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to LaJuan Hunt for Utah State (3-3, 1-1) with 1:37 remaining.
Colorado State had 509 yards of total offense. Utah State finished with 212 yards, of which 69 yards came in the Aggies' late scoring drive.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life; is critical but regained consciousness
- Gypsum woman ID’d as inmate found hanging
- Traffic signals ahead for 6th and Laurel roundabout
- Crime Briefs: Two juveniles arrested in Carbondale vehicle theft
- Combat medic came to aid of girl who fell at Hotel Colorado; Mom says teen is hanging on