Hiker falls 75 feet at Hayes Creek Falls
September 3, 2017
A Denver man was flown to Valley View Hospital after falling about 75 feet on Sunday at Hayes Creek Falls, which is about 19 miles south of Carbondale just off Colorado 133.
A Pitkin County Sheriff’s Office news release said the injured person was Nicholas Ryan Baltuch, 35. Carbondale fire officials said the injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.
The release said that authorities were notified of the fall at approximately 12:35 p.m.
U.S. Forest Service, Carbondale fire and volunteers from Mountain Rescue Aspen worked together to carry out the patient, who was then taken by ambulance to Redstone.
From there, the news release said, he was flown by Classic Air helicopter to Valley View.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Trending
- Glenwood football to forfeit all 2017 wins because of ineligible player
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Crime Briefs: ‘You in the suitcase, show me your hands’
- Glenwood’s 27th St. bridge project gets $500K
- Silt house fire displaces family of four