Garfield County bike trails: Lorax, Carbondale
April 10, 2018
Getting there: From downtown Carbondale, head to the roundabout and continue to the other side of Main Street. From the roundabout, you'll remain on Main/County Road 106 for 0.9 miles. Hang a left on County Road 108, and remain on it for 3.4 miles. The trailhead will be on your left.
Trail talk: Lorax is an isolated trail, but it's worth the trip. The trail closes for the winter, usually Dec. 1 to April 15.
Distance : 1.9 miles
The dirt: Lorax stands alone off Thompson Creek Road. After a rough, rocky start, this moderate trail rolls through punchy climbs and descents to a loop. It is not as well known as Red Hill or Prince Creek, but it's no secret. Nevertheless, you might get it all to yourself.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Cycling
- Comcast outage knocks out Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Utah man suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle in Glenwood Canyon
- Cavaliere found not guilty of vehicular homicide