Garfield County road bike rides: Crystal Valley Trail, Carbondale
April 10, 2018
Getting there: The trail runs along Colorado Highway 133, beginning near the 82/133 intersection and continuing to the KOA Campground. It's easily accessible from any point along its path.
Trail talk: Because of its proximity to the highway, traffic noise may affect your ride. The northern end of the paved bike path connects with the Rio Grande Trail.
CRYSTAL VALLEY TRAIL
Distance: 7 miles
Recommended Stories For You
The dirt: This trail travels up the Crystal Valley south of Carbondale into Pitkin County. It features expansive views of the valley's pastureland under the towering presence of Mount Sopris.
Trending In: Cycling
- Retired NHL player, Roaring Fork Valley partners reopen Electric Mountain Lodge
- Trust your gut: Man at center of Rifle I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Leslie’s legacy: Glenwood Springs remembers renowned visionary, colleague, friend Leslie Bethel
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Fake name works … well, rarely
- Glenwood Springs mobilizing to take over South Canyon Landfill