Garfield County road bike rides: Crystal Valley Trail, Carbondale
April 10, 2018
Getting there: The trail runs along Colorado Highway 133, beginning near the 82/133 intersection and continuing to the KOA Campground. It's easily accessible from any point along its path.
Trail talk: Because of its proximity to the highway, traffic noise may affect your ride. The northern end of the paved bike path connects with the Rio Grande Trail.
CRYSTAL VALLEY TRAIL
Distance: 7 miles
Recommended Stories For You
The dirt: This trail travels up the Crystal Valley south of Carbondale into Pitkin County. It features expansive views of the valley's pastureland under the towering presence of Mount Sopris.
Trending In: Cycling
- Comcast outage knocks out Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Utah man suspected of firing pistol from moving vehicle in Glenwood Canyon
- Cavaliere found not guilty of vehicular homicide