Garfield County road rides: Glenwood Canyon Recreation Trail
April 10, 2018
Getting there: This trail starts near Glenwood Hot Springs at Yampah Vapor Caves on the north side of the Colorado River. Within a mile, the trail crosses to the south side of Interstate 70 and follows the serpentine route of the Colorado River through Glenwood Canyon's 16 miles of lush pockets and towering cliffs. The trail passes by four rest areas — No Name, Grizzly Creek, Hanging Lake and Bair Ranch — making it easy to ride shorter parts of the trail or to explore other attractions like the Hanging Lake foot trail.
Trail talk: This bike path is easy for all levels, and offers incredible views as it snakes through Glenwood Canyon.
GLENWOOD CANYON RECREATION TRAIL
Distance : 16.2 miles
The dirt: The bike path is often open in April after rock debris is cleared. Winter snow, however, lingers in some years, and floodwaters sometimes close it during spring runoff. Inquire about seasonal conditions at a local bike shop. Shuttles into the canyon are available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Cycling
- Garfield and Pitkin county road bike rides: Rio Grande Trail, Glenwood Springs to Aspen
- Join a cycling group in the Roaring Fork Valley, New Castle or Mesa County
- Mesa County road rides: Riverfront Trail, Grand Junction
- Pitkin County bike trails: Snowmass Trails
- Pitkin County road bike rides: Maroon Bells, Aspen