No riding buddy? No problem, thanks to these group bike rides
April 9, 2018
These casual group gatherings are often as much about socializing as they are about riding. Riding in a group increases visibility, but don't let your safety precautions fall by the wayside.
Tuesday Cruiseday, Aspen
Join the Facebook group for up-to-date information about this weekly cruise. The group meets at 6 p.m. and sets out at 6:30 p.m. Search Tuesday Cruiseday ~ Aspen Cruiser Ride on Facebook.
Carbondale Full Moon Ride
Check the lunar calendar and save the date (or visit Facebook for more specific guidance). This Carbondale ride gathers at Sopris Park under the light of the full moon. There's no set route, but you can count on merriment. facebook.com/CarbondaleFullMoonCruiserRide
The Bike Shop
Recommended Stories For You
Grand Junction's aptly named The Bike Shop offers three weekly rides, April through September. Meet at Canyon View Park's handball courts for road rides, setting out at 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mountain bikers, head to the Lunch Loops main parking lot at 6:20 p.m. Wednesdays. Call the shop for details at 243-0807.
Coffee and bikes? Yes, please. Those are the shared loves of this group, which aims to ride at least once a week. Fruita's Bestslope Coffee is frequently the starting point, and the pace of rides can range from conversational to cranked up. Facebook.com/GJcycling
Trending In: Cycling
- Cavaliere found not guilty of vehicular homicide
- Comcast outage knocks out Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Rifle wins 8th straight matchup over Glenwood
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’