Pitkin County road bike rides: Owl Creek and Brush Creek, Snowmass Village
April 10, 2018
Getting there: From the Aspen roundabout, take CO-82 west for 1.4 miles, then turn left onto Owl Creek Road. You'll stay on it for 6 miles, and it turns into Brush Creek Road. At the next traffic circle, take the third exit onto Wood Road. There's plenty of parking around Snowmass Village. Alternatively, take the bus from anywhere in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Trail talk: These trails are friendly for beginner to intermediate riders, and they still offer much of the beauty you expect on Aspen's more iconic rides.
OWL CREEK AND BRUSH CREEK LOOP
Distance: 15 miles
The dirt: This loop provides some challenge thanks to its combination of downhill and uphill. You'll climb 1,251 feet, with 1,424 feet of descent. Starting and finishing in Snowmass Village makes this accessible and perfectly positions you to take in the restaurant scene after the ride.
Recommended Stories For You
OWL CREEK TRAIL
Distance: 5.5 miles
The dirt: This trail is one of Aspen's easier rides. But don't let that fool you; there's still a fair amount of climbing, with 398 feet of ascent and 764 feet of descent if you ride in the suggested direction. Begin in Snowmass Village and end near Buttermilk Ski Area. There are also offshoot trails along the way.
BRUSH CREEK BIKE PATH
Distance: 6 miles
The dirt: Switch bikes and this route with some of the mountain biking trails, such as Rim Trail, Highline Trail and Tom Blake, for even more adventure.
Trending In: Cycling
- Two teens dead after single-car accident near Redstone, 14-year-old airlifted to Denver
- Health, safety, staffing concerns stack up for Glenwood Springs nursing home
- Bodies of 2 men who drowned at Ruedi Reservoir recovered early Sunday; IDs pending
- Two killed in rollover crash near Redstone ID’d as Longmont teens
- Lake Christine Fire crews working most active section Saturday, extend fireline