Pitkin County road rides: Castle Creek Road, Aspen
April 10, 2018
Trail talk: This ride ends at Ashcroft ghost town, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. Admission is $3, and dogs are not allowed.
Distance: 11 miles
The dirt: You'll climb about 1,800 feet over the course of this ride, which runs alongside the road's namesake creek. If you'd like to continue past Ashcroft, you'll find even more stunning views as you approach Taylor Pass. This ride is especially beautiful during the fall, as the leaves begin to turn color.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Cycling
- Garfield and Pitkin county road bike rides: Rio Grande Trail, Glenwood Springs to Aspen
- Join a cycling group in the Roaring Fork Valley, New Castle or Mesa County
- Mesa County road rides: Riverfront Trail, Grand Junction
- Pitkin County bike trails: Snowmass Trails
- Pitkin County road bike rides: Maroon Bells, Aspen