Pitkin County road rides: Castle Creek Road, Aspen
April 10, 2018
Trail talk: This ride ends at Ashcroft ghost town, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. Admission is $3, and dogs are not allowed.
Distance: 11 miles
The dirt: You'll climb about 1,800 feet over the course of this ride, which runs alongside the road's namesake creek. If you'd like to continue past Ashcroft, you'll find even more stunning views as you approach Taylor Pass. This ride is especially beautiful during the fall, as the leaves begin to turn color.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Cycling
- Comcast outage knocks out Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman, says he ‘hates’ what he did
- Cavaliere found not guilty of vehicular homicide
- Buettners’ ‘Blue Zones’ research reveals keys to longevity