Pitkin County road bike rides: Independence Pass, Aspen
April 10, 2018
Trail talk: The pass closes for the winter, typically October to May, so make the most of it during the warmer months.
Distance: 10 miles
The dirt: Get out on this classic road ride early in the season by signing up for Ride for the Pass. The annual ride takes place before the road opens for the season, so you don't have to worry about cars. It begins 5 miles east of Aspen and offers two stopping points: one two miles in, and the second 10 miles in. Learn more at independencepass.org. You can also ride on your own, but watch out for traffic while you climb those 4,000 feet!
Trending In: Cycling
- Garfield and Pitkin county road bike rides: Rio Grande Trail, Glenwood Springs to Aspen
- Join a cycling group in the Roaring Fork Valley, New Castle or Mesa County
- Mesa County road rides: Riverfront Trail, Grand Junction
- Pitkin County bike trails: Snowmass Trails
- Pitkin County road bike rides: Maroon Bells, Aspen