Trail efforts invite cycling and hiking enthusiasts to pitch in
April 9, 2018
Mountain biking is a passion, and for many, that goes beyond the time spent on the bike. Join area groups to care for local trails (some of them hiking, not biking) during these trail maintenance days. Keep an eye on area bike groups, as well, for more opportunities to serve.
Second Sundays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. RFMBA and Aloha Mountain Cyclery will team up throughout the summer for Second Sunday trail parties. Volunteers can enter to win a Cima RT-5. Register by emailing email@example.com.
Mansfield Ditch and Cherry Creek
June 9, 9 a.m. New Castle Trails, RAMBO, Rifle Ranger District and West Elk Trails groups will come together to construct drainage features, cut brush, install signs, eradicate weeds and more. All ages welcome, though children younger than 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Register by calling 625-2371 or 876-2196.
Recommended Stories For You
Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers build, maintain and improve trails, often in partnership with other community organizations. Visit rfov.org for additional details and to register for these efforts.
- May 5, Silt River Preserve Trail: Build the first public trail on this parcel of land.
- May 19, Lower Jen Trail Reroute near Carbondale: Reroute Jen's Trail, part of which is currently on private land. The trail is a connector in the Prince Creek System, where additional trails are planned.
- Tuesday evenings, starting June 19, Lower Plunge Trail Reroute, Aspen: Help reroute the trail out of the wet and hard-to-maintain meadow.
- June 2: Mascotte Trail, Aspen: Work to improve this trail from town up to Smuggler Road.
- July 21, Linkins Lake/Lost Man Trail, east of Aspen: Help reconstruct several wet sections of this high alpine trail.
- 17-19, Hay Park Thomas Lakes Trail backpack weekend: Reconstruct and repair damaged sections of trails, and close and restore bandit mountain trails.
- Tuesday evenings, July 24-Aug. 22, Red Hill, Carbondale: Build a new hiking trail in this popular system.
- 8-9, Crooked Creek Wetlands, Fryingpan Valley: This family friendly, two-day car camping event will be the final phase of this wetland restoration project.
- 22, Hanging Lake/Spouting Rock Trail, Glenwood Springs: Volunteers will take on many tasks including installing stone steps, sanding and staining benches and restoring impacted areas.
- 13, South Graham Mesa Trail, Rifle: Build a new soft-surface trail.
Trending In: Cycling
- Garfield and Pitkin county road bike rides: Rio Grande Trail, Glenwood Springs to Aspen
- Garfield County bike trails: Prince Creek, Carbondale
- Garfield County bike trails: Jeanne Golay, Glenwood Springs
- Efforts to connect Glenwood and New Castle trails could make the area even more bike friendly
- Garfield County bike trails: Boy Scout/ Forest Hollow Loop