A Best Kept Secret: Grand Valley Essay Contest
Special to the Free Press
What does creativity mean to you? That’s the question the second annual Grand Valley Essay Contest hopes to discover.
The contest is open to students 3rd-12th grades. Winners will be honored, and prizes will be awarded at a reception at Grand Junction’s City Hall. Here’s what you need to know:
• 3rd-5th grades (25-75 words)
• 6th-8th grades (75-150 words)
• 9th-12th grades (150- 300 words)
Writing must be in your own words and typed or clearly handwritten, including your name, grade and contact information at the top of the page. The deadline is 5 p.m. Sept. 13.
Enter your essay by:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax: (970) 242-1637
• Mail or hand deliver to: Grand Junction Parks and Recreation, Essay Contest, 1340 Gunnison Ave., Grand Junction, CO 81501.
Visit gjarts.org for complete rules and guidelines.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.