3 displaced by house fire in Rifle
Three people are getting Red Cross assistance after a fire Sunday morning left their home unhabitable, Colorado River Fire Rescue reported.
At 8:51 a.m. Sunday, crews were called to the fire at 780 Cedar Court in Rifle. Three residents escaped unharmed after they were alerted by a crackling sound coming from the main level of the residence.
The home had no working smoke detectors.
Crews were able to quickly extinguish the fire and keep it to the area of origin. The home, however, was temporarily uninhabitable due to smoke and electrical damage. The Red Cross was called to assist the family.
The damage estimate was unknown later Sunday, and the fire was under investigation but was not deemed suspicious in nature.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
The Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge experienced vandalism in the form of significant water damage after a man removed a pipe valve with a fire extinguisher flooding four hallways. The lodge however remains open and operational.