Deadline for Swift grants is this Friday
February 12, 2019
A reminder that Friday is the deadline for Garfield County educational nonprofit organizations to apply for Bessie Minor Swift Foundation grants to be announced later this spring. Swift Communications is the Post Independent's parent company.
According to a press release, grants will be awarded to institutes that promote literacy, reading and writing skills and programs in the languages, sciences and interdisciplinary areas. Grants requests from $500 to $3,000 will be considered.
The Foundation also supports STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics), including programs for adults.
Trending In: Announcements
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Police investigating car vs. pedestrian fatality on I-70 in Glenwood
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Victim identified in Glenwood Springs I-70 pedestrian death