October 21, 2018
High school seniors in Colorado encouraged to apply for Daniels Scholarship
Motivated college-bound high school seniors in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming are encouraged to visit DanielsFund.org to apply online for the Daniels Scholarship Program. The application will be open through 4 p.m. Nov. 29.
The Daniels Scholarship Program offers a comprehensive, four-year college scholarship that provides financial and personal support focused on helping Daniels Scholars succeed in college and in life. The Daniels Scholarship can be used at any accredited nonprofit college or university in the United States. The goal of the program is to help each Daniels Scholar succeed in college and ultimately become independent, successful in a rewarding career, and actively engaged in their community.
This four-year, annually renewable college scholarship is a "last dollar" scholarship, which covers the unmet need of the student after all other financial aid resources and their Expected Family Contribution have been applied.
For students choosing to attend one of 24 partner schools in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah or Wyoming, their Expected Family Contribution will be covered in addition. A complete list of partner schools can be found at DanielsFund.org/Scholarships.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, students must:
Recommended Stories For You
• Be a current high school senior graduating during the 2018-2019 academic year from a high school in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah or Wyoming.
• Be a current resident of one of these four states and a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
• Earn an SAT Math score of at least 470 and an Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of at least 450; or ACT scores of at least 17 in each category (Math, English, Reading, and Science). Super-scoring is not accepted.
• Demonstrate financial need.
The Daniels Scholarship Program has provided more than $170 million in scholarships to over 3,700 students since the program was launched in 2000.
The Daniels Fund is a private charitable foundation dedicated to making life better for the people of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming through its grants program, scholarship program, and ethics initiative. Visit DanielsFund.org to learn more.
- Retired NHL player, Roaring Fork Valley partners reopen Electric Mountain Lodge
- Trust your gut: Man at center of Rifle I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Leslie’s legacy: Glenwood Springs remembers renowned visionary, colleague, friend Leslie Bethel
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Fake name works … well, rarely
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip