Western Colorado Community Foundation scholarship applications available
The Western Colorado Community Foundation is offering college and vocational school scholarships from 16 different funds for the 2014-2015 school year. Approximately $150,000 in new scholarships will be awarded for the coming year. Scholarship applications and due dates can be found on the foundation website, http://www.wc-cf.org, and from high school counselors; most applications are due March 15.
• J. Robert Young Scholarships of $1,000 are available to graduating high school seniors who plan to obtain a business-related degree and who live in areas served by Alpine Bank. Two renewable scholarships will be awarded for the 2014-15 school year.
• Nontraditional students who have completed at least 15 college credit hours may apply for the $1,000 Lew Goodhart Memorial Scholarship. Financial need is the primary consideration for this scholarship.
• Genevieve Clough Fellowships are available to students with financial need who are graduating from Coal Ridge, Rifle and Grand Valley high schools, and who have lived in western Garfield County for at least one year before high school graduation. Interested students are encouraged to talk with their high school counselors. Amounts of the scholarships vary depending upon financial need; these scholarships are renewable.
• Fast Forward Scholarships are available to students attending Glenwood Springs High School, Bridges High School and Roaring Fork High School who will graduate or obtain their GED in 2014 and who are planning to pursue a career training degree or certificate or a two-year degree. Students must demonstrate financial need. Preference will be given to students enrolling in programs at Colorado Mountain College. Scholarships will be $3,000 or $5,000, and may be renewable. These scholarships are offered in partnership with Two Rivers Community Foundation.
• The Jean Blue Scholarship in the amount of $2,500 will be awarded to a senior with financial need who is graduating from an alternative public high school in Garfield County. This scholarship is renewable with a 3.0 GPA.
More information about eligibility guidelines, deadlines and application requirements for 2014-2015 scholarships is available on the Western Colorado Community Foundation website, http://www.wc-cf.org, or by calling Cindy Rhodes at 970-243-3767. Persons interested in establishing scholarship funds are also encouraged to contact the Community Foundation.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User