Memories & Milestones
June 30, 2016
Guengeriches celebrate 50th anniversary
Vernard E. and Florence W. (Brubacher) Guengerich will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary at Holdeman Mennonite Church near Wakarusa, Indiana. They were married July 16, 1966, at Glenwood Mennonite Church in Glenwood Springs by Samuel Janzen. Their children (and grandchildren) are: Larry and Kendra Guengerich (Carter and Hudson), East Petersburg, Pennsylvania; Mark and Angela Guengerich (Kate and Brooke), Broomfield, Colorado; Jay Guengerich, Valparaiso, Indiana; and Lisa and Merle Detweiler, New Castle, Colorado.
Vernard retired from Greencroft Communities Goshen in Goshen, Indiana, in 2006 following 22 years as the accounts payable coordinator. Florence retired from Greencroft Communities Goshen in 2000 after 18 years as an LPN, mostly on the 11-7 shift. Vernard was a bi-vocational pastor for 11 years in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, near Sault Ste. Marie, and retired as a bi-vocational pastor from Holdeman Mennonite in 2007 following 17 years as part of three different pastoral teams.
Trending In: Announcements
- Historic Redstone Castle restoration now complete
- One lane of WB I-70 now open in Glenwood Canyon after crash
- Enter ‘The Gandy Dancer’ to former Glenwood Springs Eagles Club space
- Garfield County crime briefs: Suspicious motel call leads to hypodermic needles
- South Bridge easement agreement between Glenwood, RFTA finalized