Memories & Milestones
October 28, 2018
Grand River Health a HAVE award finalist
Grand River Health of Rifle was a finalist in the Collaboration/Community Service category of the American Hospital Association (AHA) Hospital Awards for Volunteer Excellence (HAVE) with its Empty Bowls Luncheon, a fund- and friend-raiser for Grand River Meals on Wheels. This event has been a seamless collaboration with Colorado Mountain College – Rifle Campus for the past four years. Brainchild of Michelle McCurdy, adjunct professor of ceramics, CMC students create over 500 bowls for luncheon attendees to choose from. CMC Culinary Art students interning at Grand River Health kitchen provide over 30 gallons of soup for to fill those bowls. The event draws over 300 attendees to fight hunger one bowl at a time. The fifth annual Empty Bowls will be March 6, 2019, at Grand River Conference, 501 Airport Road in Rifle.
The American Hospital Association (AHA) honored 19 hospital volunteer programs with its Hospital Awards for Volunteer Excellence (HAVE). The AHA HAVE Awards Program is in its 35th year and highlights the extraordinary efforts of volunteers and volunteer programs, as well as the value and positive impact their contributions have on the patients, hospitals, health systems, staff and communities they serve.
Trending In: Announcements
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Victim identified in Glenwood Springs I-70 pedestrian death
- Glenwood Mall doubles down on assertion that Ross lease was problematic
- Thieves who ripped off $9,000 in tools busted for trying to resell them
- Two Roaring Fork Valley men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte