Memories & Milestones
January 21, 2019
Glenwood Elks assist the needy
Glenwood Springs Elks Lodge 2286, led by PER Kathy Yost, delivered food, and provided hot meals, to those in need this holiday season.
Boy Scout Troop 225 collected donations for the food in front of City Market and Safeway.
One hundred food boxes were delivered with the help of Garfield County Sheriff Department volunteers on Dec. 15 to individuals and families throughout the area, and to LIFT-UP. Each box contained a frozen turkey, potatoes, stuffing, canned vegetables, peanut butter and more.
On Dec. 16 over 400 hot meals were served in the lodge or delivered to those who were unable to come in.
This is the 32nd year lodge members have given their time, money and devotion to this memorial dinner. Event.
Trending In: Announcements
- Edwards man comes face to face with mountain lion Tuesday night
- Car goes into river on I-70 near Glenwood Springs
- Moffat County couple dies after plane crashes in ‘Nevada Triangle’
- Alleged Glenwood Springs child traffickers appear in court
- Glenwood’s downtown parking problems headed toward permit solution