Readers Say Thanks
October 25, 2018
Angels reside among us
With all the insanity and negative events transpiring in our present day world, we who live in this valley have much to be thankful for. In addition to the awesome, natural beauty that surrounds us each and every season, so many individuals possess a very positive attitude of "we" versus "me."
It was close to this time almost a year ago that I saw a piece in the Post Independent written by Dr. Daria Stakiw where she wanted to donate hearing aids for someone in need who was unable to afford them. Thinking it was a long shot, I put it out of my mind. Then in December, just days before the deadline, I submitted my essay to her.
January had barely begun when I received the news that I was awarded a pair of (much needed) state of the art hearing devices. They have added so very much to my quality of life. They allow me to volunteer more at nonprofit galleries and donate time to teach textile classes at our local library.
Dr. Daria is a beautiful angel in human form, who gives unconditionally. Words cannot express how her generous gift has impacted my life. I find it impossible to express my thanks and gratitude to her.
Thank you, Daria.
Recommended Stories For You
- Retired NHL player, Roaring Fork Valley partners reopen Electric Mountain Lodge
- Trust your gut: Man at center of Rifle I-70 stabbing incident warns public
- Leslie’s legacy: Glenwood Springs remembers renowned visionary, colleague, friend Leslie Bethel
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Fake name works … well, rarely
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife arrests 2 Florida men for poaching after anonymous tip