Business Briefs January 14, 2019
January 13, 2019
Whitewater park engineering firm S2O Design taps b2,inc. for media relations Initiatives
S2O Design, a river engineering and whitewater design company, has retained Carbondale-based b2,inc. to manage its communications strategy and public relations initiatives. S2O Design will partner with b2,inc. to help promote its services and convey its company story.
Founded by engineer and three-time Olympian and World Cup kayak champion Scott Shipley, S2o Design is an award-winning engineering firm specializing in innovative river engineering, restoration and community-focused whitewater park design. S2O Design's team of expert boater-engineers has planned, conceived, designed and constructed some of the country's most acclaimed in-stream whitewater parks as well as the largest and most dynamic recirculating whitewater parks in the world.
180° Wellness welcomes Kylee Van Horn, RDN
180° Wellness welcomes Kylee Van Horn to our wellness team. Van Horn holds a Bachelor of Science degree in human nutrition from Metropolitan State University of Denver. She completed her dietetic internship through the University of Northern Colorado and obtained her registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) credentials in July 2018. She is affiliated with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Sports Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group and Integrative Health Dietetic Practice Group. A competitive endurance athlete with a passion for sports nutrition, she is currently working towards obtaining her board certification in sports nutrition and dietetics.
Van Horn counsels patients on medical issues using behavioral change techniques, SMART goals, and medical nutrition therapy diets in conjunction with a physician and behavioral health counseling. She can advise on integrative supplements for someone who may be looking to take a more naturopathic approach to health. She can also provide personalized eating, shopping and cooking plans for clients. Helping clients navigate through the crazy world of fad diets is one of her specialties. Whether it be paleo, keto, vegan or vegetarian, she will guide someone through the best balanced nutrition plan based on their needs.
Recommended Stories For You
Van Horn also writes freelance on sports nutrition topics for Trail Runner Magazine, writing science-based running and fitness nutrition articles for the print and online editions of the magazine.
To schedule a consultation with Van Horn call 180° wellness at 970-945-4440.
Trending In: Business
- De Moraes column: Is there another housing crash coming?
- Natural Grocers, Marshalls set to come to Meadows
- Silt couple sells business after FedEx Ground changes policies
- Retired NHL player, Roaring Fork Valley partners reopen Electric Mountain Lodge
- Doctor’s Garden ready to roll medical, recreational marijuana from newly acquired downtown Glenwood Springs shop
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions
- Garfield County Crime Briefs: Long Island iced tea, meth and counterfeit Benjamins
- Glenwood considering $50 street parking permits for downtown residents
- CDOT’s Winter Blitz DUI enforcement campaign begins Friday
- Street sales tax question headed to Glenwood Springs voters in April