Business Briefs August 8, 2016
Dalby, Wendland & Co. appoints new board president
The board of directors of Dalby, Wendland & Co. has elected Greg A. Keller as the firm’s new president and chairman of the board effective July 1.
Keller is a tax principal located in the Glenwood Springs office and has been with the accounting and consulting firm more than 30 years. He has served on the DWC board since 2008, including time as secretary, and has held additional leadership roles within the firm as director of technology.
In addition to being a licensed Colorado certified public accountant and personal financial specialist, Keller is a registered general securities representative, Series 7, and registered investment adviser, Series 66. He is a professional member of the American Institute of CPAs, Colorado Society of CPAs and National Association of Estate Planning & Councils. Locally, Keller is treasurer of the Racing Mule Golf Association and past president and Paul Harris Fellow of the Rotary Club of Glenwood Springs.
Past president Steve Carver continues to work with clients and serve as a mentor in the firm.
Claudia Craig receives Galileo certification
Claudia Craig, personal trainer and senior training specialist at Midland Fitness, has been certified through the Able Bionics Foundation on the Galileo Vibration Trainer. Able Bionics USA is a local charitable program for the Roaring Fork Valley and I-70 corridor residents that is designed to help individuals who have mobility impairments to regain motility with the assistance of the Galileo.
In addition to Galileo, Claudia has earned several senior specific certifications throughout her 16-year career at Midland Fitness.
According to Midland Fitness, Galileo is a proven technology that offers many benefits to abled and disabled members of the community who want to improve their quality of life. As a therapy method, Galileo Vibration training is proven to help various neuromuscular and autoimmune issues. The Galileo rapidly decreases recovery time and offers the ability to get the benefits of an intense workout in a very short time with much less stress.
Contact Midland Fitness at 945-4440 or midland-fitness.com for more information.
SGM continues to expand
SGM has recently hired 10 new employees.
• Cindy Adams is a wetland scientist who recently joined the SGM Glenwood Springs office. Cindy expands the existing environmental services team with her 10 years of experience conducting wetland delineations, and developing various permits, reclamation plans, and Phase I environmental assessments. She can be reached at email@example.com.
• Ignacio Barrantes is a mechanical engineer and AutoCAD designer for SGM’s MEP team. He works out of the Salida office, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Steve Byers, a recent graduate from Colorado School of Mines, has joined the drinking water team as a design engineer. He can be reached at email@example.com.
• Gavin Casson joins SGM as a field engineer, currently responsible for construction management for the new town of Granby South Service Area water treatment plant. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SGM’s new human resources manager is Kelly Cipponeri. She has 15 years of experience, with a BS in human resources management from Oakland University. Cipponeri can be reached at email@example.com.
• Ryan Gordon returns to Glenwood Springs as a member of SGM’s water sector. Gordon brings more than 14 years of engineering and project management experience in the municipal, water and wastewater treatment, conveyance and stormwater fields. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Scott Hemmen PLS returns to SGM, bringing 20 years of Western Slope land surveying experience to the survey team. He can be reached at email@example.com.
• Casey Hinkson is the latest addition to SGM’s public services sector. Hinkson received her engineering degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point, and was recently an operations officer with the U.S. Army. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Water resource engineer Bailey Leppek brings three years of experience and a water modeling background to SGM’s water resources team. She holds an environmental engineering degree from the University of Colorado and can be reached at email@example.com.
• Tyson Sillery joins SGM’s CAD team. Sillery has more than 16 years of CAD and civil design experience. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.