Business Briefs January 4, 2016
Alpine Bank program benefits local nonprofits
As of Nov. 30, Alpine Bank has donated $746,485 to local nonprofit groups and projects through funds generated from the Loyalty Debit Card program. Alpine Bank launched the Loyalty Debit Card program in 1997, and it has become a unique and easy way for customers to give back to their communities.
For every transaction completed with a Loyalty Debit Card, Alpine Bank donates 10 cents to benefit local nonprofit organizations and community projects within each card’s respective focus and customer’s geographical location. There are six areas supported by the program:
• Arts — provides a unique opportunity to help fund arts and culture in the community.
• Community — benefits organizations that meet, support and strengthen human needs.
• Education — offers support to local school-related programs.
• Environment — helps local groups restore, preserve and protect the ecosystems that are important to our daily lives.
• Colorado Mountain College — benefits the CMC Foundation’s general scholarships fund for nontraditional students.
• Americas — a partnership with Latin-American community projects to support, integrate and celebrate their heritage.
These special cards are available with no annual fee to individuals with an Alpine Bank checking account. Determined at the end of November, the 2015 donation summaries for each category are as follows: $44,746.20 for Arts, $222,314.60 for Community, $237,624.90 for Education, $176,756.80 for Environment, $37,500.00 for Colorado Mountain College and $27,542.50 for Americas.
Free help with forms W-2 and 1099
Kristine Wood, a partner at Balanced Bookkeeping & Payroll Inc., is offering free help with forms W-2 and 1099 on Jan. 11 and 18.
For 12 years Balanced Bookkeeping & Payroll has offered bookkeeping and payroll services from its two locations in Glenwood Springs and Grand Junction. The firm offers full charge bookkeeping, payroll, consulting, software setup and training.
The W-2 and 1099 free help will include:
• Getting your W2 and 1099-misc questions answered.
• Finding out when you should issue a W2 vs. 1099 form.
• Learning how to file form W2 and 1099.
• Discussing W2 and 1099 deadlines.
Email email@example.com your contact information to reserve a spot.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
A Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins mashup will host its grand opening at 700 Taugenbaugh Blvd. in Rifle on Friday morning. The opening will begin at around 11 a.m.