Glenwood Adventure Park announces promotions
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park has announced promotions for managers there and at Iron Mountain Hot Springs, which it operates.
• Michelle Alford has been promoted to attractions manager at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. She joined the company in 2013 as a manager on duty, bringing with her 17 years’ experience at Aspen Skiing Co. In her new role, Alford is responsible for ensuring the safe operation of 12 attractions and for managing close to 80 people in the attractions department.
• Mike Besaw has been named general manager of Iron Mountain Hot Springs. Besaw joined Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park as maintenance manager in 2013. Prior to that, he had six years’ experience in ride maintenance at Elitch Gardens and more than 10 years of management experience in the hospitality industry.
• Corinne Deraddo, who joined Iron Mountain Hot Springs as a property supervisor in 2015, is now the marketing and sales representative for Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park and Iron Mountain Hot Springs. Her background includes more than 20 years’ experience in retail buying and operations management.
• Beau Haines, who has worked in several part-time positions at both companies the past few years, has been hired as the tram and transportation manager. Haines has extensive experience in customer service and leadership, with more than seven years as an auto service manager. He will be responsible for front gate operations at the tram base and operating the tram and vehicles that transport guests up and down the mountain.
• James McGoodwin has been promoted to maintenance manager at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park and is responsible for maintaining the park’s buildings, grounds, attractions, cave, tramway and vehicles, and for managing the maintenance staff. He started with the company in 2011 as a college intern, then joined full-time upon his graduation in 2012. Since then, he has served as attractions supervisor, attractions manager and assistant maintenance manager.