Carbondale taking short-term rental license applications |

Carbondale taking short-term rental license applications

The town of Carbondale now has short-term rental (STR) license applications available.

According to a town news release, residents who wish to rent their property, entire home or a portion of their home for a period of fewer than 30 days are required to first obtain an STR license from the town, in accordance with the town’s new STR regulations. All STRs in Carbondale must be licensed by July 31.

Applicants who had an active STR prior to March 8 will be required to present evidence that they have an ownership interest in the property where the STR is located, that the STR was operational on or before March 8 and all applicable sales and lodging taxes have been paid, the release states.

Applicants without an STR prior to March 8 will also need evidence either that the STR is located within Carbondale’s historic commercial core zone district or that the STR is their primary residence.

STR license applications are available at Carbondale Town Hall, 511 Colorado Ave., and online at

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.