Community News & Notes
Winter Season Dream Groups will be facilitated by Kym Allison, MA, counselor and art psychotherapist, using a Jungian psychodynamic approach.During the long nights we are asked to become contemplative through the wisdom of our dreams. Each week we will draw/paint our dreams in an environment created to enhance the dreaming experience. We will then share and discuss. Group discussion is designed to develop self-discovery as members become comfortable with the language of their unconscious. (Not remembering your dreams? Bring in memorable dreams from the past. Also, we will share tips that facilitate dreaming and remembering.) Groups will be small to create a supportive and nurturing space for personal growth. Two group times available: Mondays 6-8 p.m. Jan. 10 through March 14; and Wednesdays 6:30-8:30 p.m. Jan 12 through March 16 Location: Downtown Glenwood Springs. Cost: $25 per session. Phone 945-9299 for more information and to reserve a place.
Sector 7G plays starting at 10 p.m. New Year’s Eve at Carnahan’s Tavern in Carbondale. $10 cover.
This is the most in-depth parenting program available. It teaches activities to foster positive parenting skills and nurturing time with your children. Parents and children attend at the Roaring Fork Family Resource Centers at the Bridges Center on Wednesday nights from 5:15-8:15 p.m. Starts Jan. 19 and runs 15 weeks. Fee is $125 per couple, $75 per individual. Dinner and child care are included. Scholarships are available. Call Katie at 384-5689 for more information.
The Snowmass Village Recreation Center is offering an American Red Cross CPR, AED & First Aid – Adult, Child & Infant course on Wednesday, Jan. 26, and Wednesday, Feb. 2, (both classes mandatory) from 12:30-4:30 p.m. for $10. The class will be held at the Snowmass Village Recreation Center. Registration Deadline is Friday, Jan. 14. To register and more information call 922-2240.
Six area glass artists will have their creative talents on display in “Glass Art Menagerie,” an exhibit that runs through Jan. 25 at the Colorado Mountain College Gallery, 831 Grand Ave. The exhibit features local glass artists Spencer Crouch, Mary Matchel, Shannon Muse, Charlie Pace, David Powers and Kathy Steckel. The Colorado Mountain College Gallery, operated by the college’s ArtShare program, is open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information call 947-8367 or go to http://www.cmcartshare.com.
Pitkin County Open Space and Trails has a suggestion for a holiday gift that will last forever: Be a part of history and contribute to the purchase of Droste Mtn. Park between Aspen and Snowmass. This new public Open Space property preserves critical wildlife habitat and creates recreational opportunities for all. With funding from the Pitkin County Open Space and Trails program, Great Outdoors Colorado, the city of Aspen, town of Snowmass Village and support from the Aspen Valley Land Trust 91 percent of the purchase price has already been raised. We need your help to raise the remaining 9 percent. Contributions of any size are welcome at http://www.avlt.org/droste.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Glenwood Springs Fire Department is battling a small blaze on a ridgeline west of Yampah Mountain High School.