Editor’s note: The following information comes from official police and sheriff’s department incident reports. Arrests merely indicate an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless found guilty in court.
– On Oct. 15, Rifle police took a report of multiple phone accounts being established by a woman using other people’s identification. Police are investigating.
– On Oct. 15, a Rifle police officer saw a fight at the Sports Corner Saloon. Five people were issued summonses for disorderly conduct or harassment.
– On the night of Oct. 13, Glenwood Springs police attempted to stop a vehicle for driving without its headlights on. Once police turned on their reds and blues, the vehicle sped up, the police report said.
The driver eventually stopped, got out and led police on a foot chase. Police couldn’t catch the suspect, but later identified him by an identification left in the car.
No arrest has yet been made.
– On Oct. 15, Glenwood Springs police were dispatched to Wal-Mart. They arrested Vicki E. Jenkins, 26, of Denver on suspicion of petty theft; and John N. Clinton, 21, of Glenwood Springs on suspicion of carrying concealed weapons and possession of an open container of alcohol.
– On Oct. 17, Glenwood Springs police were called for a report of a family with its vehicle broken down. They were unable to pay for lodging. Police provided the family with a voucher to stay in a local motel for the night.
– On Oct. 19, Glenwood Springs police saw a vehicle with blue lights facing forward. Its driver, Jose L. Topete, 20, of Glenwood Springs was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving, DUI per se and having red or blue lamps visible from the front.
– On Oct. 24, Glenwood Springs police arrested Janet R. Curry, 52, of Glenwood Springs on suspicion of assault after her roommate told police Curry hit her in the head.
– On Oct. 24, Glenwood Springs police were called by a female who said her ex-boyfriend kept calling her over and over again.
A check by police showed that the man had four restraining orders against him. The man, Alfred E. Moreno, 23, of Rifle was arrested on suspicion of violating a restraining order, violating bail bond conditions and harassment.
– On Oct. 25, Glenwood Springs police were called by a citizen who said 55 Vicodin pills were taken from the citizen’s home. Three pills were left. The approximate total of the theft was $20.
– On Oct. 25, Glenwood Springs police pulled over a driver at the 400 block of 27th Street. The driver, Kevin Hurley, 34, of Glenwood Springs was arrested on suspicion of weaving, drunken driving and DUI per se.
– On Oct. 25, Glenwood Springs police arrested Luis F. Torres-Martinez, 22, of Aspen on suspicion of driving without a license, drunken driving and careless driving.
– On Oct. 27, Glenwood Springs police arrested Albert E.C. Clay on suspicion of drunken driving and failure to show proof of insurance.
– On Oct. 25, Rifle police arrested Bruce Stroud, 54, of Rifle on suspicion of drunken driving and weaving.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.