Editor’s note: The following information comes from official police and sheriff’s department incident reports. Arrests merely indicate an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless found guilty in court.
– On Dec. 21, State troopers arrested Abelardo Saucedo Lopez, 24, of Snowmass, on suspicion of drunken driving and driving under a revoked license. Lopez was stopped for allegedly failing to signal and speeding at milepost 3 on Highway 82.
– On Dec. 22, Rifle police responded to the 700 block of Whiteriver Avenue after a report of domestic violence. Paul Fasold, 35, of Rifle, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault and domestic violence.
– On Dec. 26, State troopers arrested Donald J. Davis, 27, of Rifle, on suspicion of drunken driving, careless driving, driving under a suspended license and failing to provide proof of insurance. Davis’s vehicle slid off U.S. Highway 6 at milepost 93.
– On Dec. 26, Glenwood Springs police were advised that 16 cases of beer had been stolen out of an unlocked delivery truck at 1420 Devereux Road.
– On Dec. 27, Rifle police were called to 221 E. 5th St. and arrested Jayme Ruble, 27, of Rifle, on suspicion of domestic violence.
– On Dec. 28, Rifle police responded to a 911 call hang-up on Wamsley Way after hearing loud noises in the background. Nicolas Pinela, 19, of Rifle, was arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault and domestic violence.
– On Dec. 28, Rifle police were called to a disturbance at 710 E. 3rd St. While police determined that no crime had been committed, Freddie Medeiros, 45, and Melissa Ziemba, 33, both of Rifle, were both arrested on suspicion of outstanding warrants.
– On Dec. 31, Glenwood Springs police issued a summons for suspicion of underage drinking to Marcelo Pacheco Rivera, 20, of Glenwood Springs. Police found Rivera walking on the street late at night wearing minimal clothing and bleeding. He was released to his wife.
– On Dec. 31, Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies stopped a vehicle for reckless driving on Interstate 70 near Silt. They arrested Jose Machuca-Hernandez, 20, of Glenwood Springs, on suspicion of drunken driving.
– On Dec. 31, Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies stopped a vehicle for speeding near Millpond Road. Ramon Meza-Ventura, 32, of Rifle, was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving, speeding and driving without a valid license.
– On Dec. 31, Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies were contacted by a Carbondale woman who reported that her vehicle had been stolen and a firearm had been stolen from a gun safe at her home. Deputies later arrested Jerry Lyle Peevy, 40, of Carbondale, on suspicion of second degree vehicle theft, theft, driving under a suspended license and an outstanding warrant.
– On Jan. 2, Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies reported that a man was bitten by a dog while attempting to help another dog which had been hit by a car in Parachute. The dog’s owner, Monique Theresa Speakman, 35, of Parachute, was issued a summons for a vicious dog.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Rockfall mitigation work will impact traffic on Highway 133 between Carbondale and McClure Pass throughout 2021.