Editor’s note: The following information comes from official police and sheriff’s department incident reports. Arrests merely indicate an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless found guilty in court.
– On Jan. 4, Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies were called to a 911 hang-up at Kings Row, outside of Carbondale. They arrested Rishi Singh Grewal, 37, of Carbondale, on suspicion of domestic violence, harassment and child abuse.
– On Jan. 4, Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies were called to Smokey Hill Circle in Battlement Mesa on a domestic violence report involving a weapon. Wanda Lee Duncan, 50, was arrested on suspicion of felony menacing after allegedly pointing a gun at a male in the residence.
– On Jan. 2, Glenwood Springs police responded to a call of shooting in South Canyon. Police arrested Ryan Philip Cevette, 21, of Carbondale, on suspicion of possession of weapons by a previous offender, resisting arrest, obstruction, littering and theft by receiving; Aaron Montez, 18, of Carbondale, was also arrested on suspicion of discharging firearms. Several stolen firearms were recovered.
– On Jan. 3, Glenwood Springs police were called to a fight at Club Roxie. Lacy Mae Orton, 21, of Glenwood Springs, was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence-related harassment.
– On Jan. 3, a clerk at the Hotel Denver called Glenwood Springs police to help remove a highly intoxicated person from the hotel, having asked the person to leave four times already. Police arrested Thomas Alan Weaver, 39, of no fixed address, on suspicion of trespassing.
– On Jan. 4, Glenwood Springs police arrested Lorenzo Payan-Jaquez, 29, of Glenwood Springs, on suspicion of drunken driving, speeding, criminal impersonation and an outstanding warrant. Police stopped his vehicle in the 2900 block of South Glen Avenue with a headlight out.
– On Jan. 5, Rifle police arrested Timothy James Fifer, 39, of Silt on suspicion of drunken driving. Police stopped Fifer’s vehicle in the 600 block of Whiteriver Avenue for a broken headlight.
– On Jan. 5, Glenwood Springs police arrested Stephen Louis Snyder, 35, of Glenwood Springs on suspicion of drunken driving, after contacting Snyder in the 1st Choice Inn parking lot.
– On Jan. 5, Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Alene Marie Hoga, 39, of Mesa on suspicion of drunken driving and possession of marijuana. Hoga was found asleep in a vehicle which had trespassed onto a property on County Road 259 in Rifle.
– On Jan. 5, Glenwood Springs police arrested Jim Darren Prudhomme, 37, of Glenwood Springs on suspicion of drunken driving, driving under a revoked license, driving without insurance and three other outstanding warrants. Prudhomme was in a vehicle spotted idling behind Sioux Villa Curio.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The National Institutes of Health recommends that doctors talk to their patients about plant-based nutrition. There are many other diets out there — such as the Paleo diet, Adkins diet, Mediterranean diet and keto diet.…