Editor’s note: The following information comes from official police and sheriff’s department incident reports. Arrests merely indicate an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless found guilty in court.
– On Jan. 2, members of the Two River Drug Enforcement Team, the Rifle police department, Glenwood Springs police and Garfield County sheriff’s deputies arrested Jason Ray Friedman, 21, of no fixed address, John Joseph Kirby, 23, Glenwood Springs, and a juvenile on suspicion of possession and conspiracy to distribute marijuana. All three were arrested in the 700 block of Taughenbaugh Road in Rifle.
– On Feb. 8, Rifle police arrested Janella Barnes, 43, of Rifle, on suspicion of drunken driving, after an accident in the 1500 block of Morrow Drive.
– On Feb. 9, Rifle police arrested Andrew J. Stanczak, 39, of Rifle, on suspicion of drunken driving after a vehicle was stopped for speeding in the 1000 block of Railroad Avenue.
– On Feb. 9, Rifle police arrested Manuel Romero, 81, of Rifle, on suspicion of domestic violence and assault, after being called to a home in the 700 block of East 5th Street.
– On Feb. 10, Glenwood Springs police arrested David Todd Williams, 35, of Glenwood Springs, on suspicion of assault after police were called to a fight at Village Inn Restaurant.
– On Feb. 10, Glenwood Springs police arrested Skip Rabidue, 35, of Glenwood Springs, on suspicion of harassment and violating a restraining order after his wife in Florida reported that he had allegedly made phone threats against her from his room at the Affordable Inn.
– On Feb. 12, Glenwood Springs police arrested Alta Otto, 24, on suspicion of having a vicious animal running at large. Police received a complaint that a female party and her dog had allegedly been attacked by Otto’s dog in the 2400 block of Palmer Street.
– On Feb. 12, Glenwood Springs police arrested James William Green, 25, of Craig, on suspicion of drunken driving after he allegedly ran a red light at 8th Street and Grand Avenue.
– On Feb. 13, Rifle police arrested Thomas Green, 52, of Rifle on suspicion of domestic violence, after being called to a home in the 200 block of West 20th Street.
– On Feb. 14, Garfield County sheriff’s deputies received a call regarding a recent robbery at a residence on Eldora Drive in Parachute. A male party said that $225 in dimes and quarters and $50 worth of frozen steaks and hamburger had been stolen from his home.
– On Feb. 14, Glenwood Springs police arrested Augustin Hernandez, 21, of Glenwood Springs, on suspicion of drunken driving and driving without a license, after his vehicle was stopped on Highway 6 near First Choice Inn.
– On Feb. 15, Glenwood Springs police arrested Enrique Martinez-Arce, 32, of Carbondale, on suspicion of drunken driving and driving without a license, after his vehicle was allegedly spotted swerving in the 900 block of Grand Avenue.
– On Feb. 16, Garfield County sheriff’s deputies arrested Chad Douglas Eggleston, 27, of Glenwood Springs on suspicion of child abuse, after deputies were called to a home in the Robin Hood trailer park on Highway 6 and 24.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User