Editor’s note: The following information comes from official police and sheriff’s department incident reports. Arrests merely indicate an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless found guilty in court.
– On April 16, Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies were called by the Larimer County Sheriff’s office, who asked deputies to try to locate a woman with an active arrest warrant.
Deputies found the woman, Kristine Davis, 35, of Silt and learned she also had an arrest warrant from Denver County for accessory to racketeering and theft. Her bond was $110,000.
– On April 18, Garfield County Sheriff’s deputies tried to make a traffic stop south of Glenwood Springs. The driver reportedly didn’t stop immediately, but eventually pulled over.
The driver, Conrad Lee Rhoades, III, 28, of Glenwood Springs was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving, DUI per se, eluding a police officer, failure to report an accident, reckless driving, weaving and failure to use turn signals.
– On April 21, Rifle police were dispatched to East Avenue for a report of a religious group that was reportedly harassing some school kids on a field trip.
The group was told to leave the children alone and they refused, resulting in a “rise of heated words and beliefs,” the police report said.
Police arrived and mediated and both groups moved on.
– On April 20, Glenwood Springs police received a report that a sex offender who lives on Midland Avenue failed to register as required. The whereabouts of the sex offender are unknown.
– On April 21, Glenwood Springs police received a report of two men fighting over a woman. One of the men allegedly pulled a knife at some point, threatening the other man and the female and keeping them in a hotel room against their will. Keith L. Abbott, 46, of Chattanooga, Tenn., was arrested on suspicion of felony menacing and false imprisonment.
– On April 24, Glenwood Springs police pulled over and subsequently arrested Cassidy E. Richards, 22, of Eagle on suspicion of drunken driving, DUI per se and speeding.
– On April 26, Glenwood Springs police pulled over and arrested Aurellano B. Alvarado, 21, of Carbondale on suspicion of drunken driving, DUI per se and speeding.
– On April 28, Rifle police pulled over a vehicle in the Wal-Mart parking lot for a traffic offense. The driver, Michael W. Spann, 27, of Rock Springs, Wyo., was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and careless driving.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.