Editor’s note: The following information comes from official police and sheriff’s department incident reports. Arrests merely indicate an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless found guilty in court.
– Garfield County sheriff’s deputies received a report of a disturbance near Glenwood Springs. After further investigation, they arrested Jennifer Lin Turner, 37, on suspicion of third-degree assault-domestic violence.
– Garfield County deputies contacted a motorist for weaving near Parachute. After investigation deputies arrested Joshua Bennet, 20, on suspicion of DUI, illegal possession of alcohol, and failure to drive in a single lane.
– A Garfield County deputy near Silt pulled over a vehicle for failing to drive in a single lane. The deputy arrested Barbara Lynne Boe, 41, of Silt, on suspicion of DUI.
– A Garfield County deputy near Carbondale stopped a vehicle for failing to drive in a single lane and arrested the juvenile driver on suspicion of failure to drive in a single lane, DUI, DUI per se, and illegal possession or consumption of alcohol by a minor.
– Garfield County deputies contacted a driver near Rifle after she failed to use her turn signals. After investigation they arrested the driver, Laramie Surfluh, 39, of Rifle, on suspicion of DUI and failure to use signals.
– Glenwood Springs police took a report of a man who’d torn the handle off a gas pump as he drove away. An officer contacted the driver and ended up arresting Sergio Rascon, 39, on suspicion of DUI and failure to notify police of an accident.
– GSPD officers were taking a report of a vehicle stolen from the lot at Johnson Park Mini Golf when the vehicle passed by the road in front of the golf park. Police initiated a felony stop and took Justin Mark, 24, of Glenwood Springs, into custody on suspicion of aggravated motor vehicle theft, criminal trespass, child abuse and driving while under restraint.
– A GSPD officer observed a vehicle without its headlights on at 10:30 p.m. The officer contacted the vehicle and arrested the driver, Jorge Alberto Vasquez-Soriano, 28, of Glenwood Springs, on suspicion of driving without a license, DUI and driving without headlights.
– A GSPD officer observed a vehicle weaving off the roadway. The officer contacted the driver and arrested Vernon Sharp on suspicion driving under the influence, driving with excessive alcohol contest in blood or breath, failure to drive in a single lane and failure to provide proof of insurance.
– The GSPD was dispatched to a report of domestic violence on Blake Avenue. The officer arrested Ricardo Morales, 22, of Glenwood Springs, on suspicion of domestic violence related to third-degree assault, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
– Rifle police took a report of a motorcycle accident on Railroad Avenue. The driver and passenger fled on foot, but police located the driver ” Anthony Chenoweth, 27, of New Castle ” and the passenger ” April Sears, 29, of Rifle ” about two blocks from the accident. Chenoweth was arrested for driving under restraint, DWAI, compulsory insurance, reckless driving and accident involving injury.
– Rifle police were dispatched to a vehicle that went of the road near East Seventh and Birch. After investigation, they arrested Anthony Eriksen, 46, on suspicion of DUI, driving while under restraint and careless driving.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Glenwood Springs and Garfield County make the Post Independent’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Imagine Glenwood and The City of Glenwood Springs is slated to host a virtual town hall at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, March 11.